Thursday, December 11, 2008

Poor, poor Beany!


I wrote that title because as I was thinking of what the title should be, all that came to my mind are the ridiculous songs your dad and I are always singing to you. Ok, its mostly me and I embarrass your dad too. Any way, right now you are cutting one of your top teeth... I feel so sorry for you! It seems like it hurts you to have a passy, eat food, whatever. You just seem pitiful and that isn't like my little man. I want to make it all better for you so bad! Tonight Mimi and Poppy came over for dinner and before they could even sit down you were screaming. I know now that it was because of your teeth, so I scooped you up and we went upstairs to calm down, take some Tylenol and read some books. It was in this moment that I realized how much you LOVE books. Usually in the course of the day I'll get a moment here or there to read you a few parts of a book but usually it is you, Zaya and me all piled up together and in those moments you just want to jump on her and make her scream. Anyway, tonight you were pointing at pictures, which I think is way advances for your age, but it was just so precious to see this sweet, chubby little finger reach out and deliberately touch different pictures on the page. So every thing you touched I would tell you what it was and the sound it made, what letter it started with and so on until you touched another picture. It was a sweet time with you and I loved it and I hope to remember it forever... this blog may help with that! I hope we get to have more quiet discovery times together because you want to know a lot of things and there are a lot of things I want to show you. Sleep tight my little Bean and I can't wait to pick up my smiling boy in the morning. You bring your dad and I SO much joy! I love you.




No comments: